Kose Sekkisei White UV Gel SPF50+ Review
This is my 2nd bottle of Kose Sekkisei White UV Gel. Although it is called “Gel” but it feels like milky lotion without stickiness. I like the lightweight texture of this sunscreen which is not too thick or too thin for my combination skin but if you have oily skin, I suggest you to use this sunscreen right after toner. Otherwise, use toner, regular moisturizer and Kose Sekkisei White UV Gel daily to protect your skin from sun damages and skin dryness.
What is it?
Kose Sekkisei White UV Gel is a SPF50 sunscreen designed for all skin types. It is a water-resistant sunscreen which can be removed by daily cleanser. Suitable for face and body.
Ingredients for UV protection
Kose Sekkisei White UV Gel contains Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate which is a clear, oil-soluble liquid that is the most commonly used in chemical sunscreen. It absorbs UVB radiation but not UVA so this sunscreen contains another ingredient Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate which is also an oil-soluble UV filter with high absorption in the UVA range. It helps to prevent the overexposure of the skin to ultraviolet radiation. This ingredient was approved in Europe in 2005 and is also marketed in the U.S., South America, Mexico, Japan and Taiwan.
Apart from it, Sekkisei has taken this sunscreen to the next level by combining Asian herbal extracts for brightening and moisturising. One of the key herbal extracts is Job’s Tears - the seeds are used for moisturising and brightening, while the ferment filtrate encourages the production of ceramides* which provides antioxidant benefits to the skin. Other herbal extracts that Kose uses are Angelica Acutiloba Extract, which has antibacterial, brightening and moisturising effects. Melothria Heterophylla (White Lotus) for the prevention of the growth of melanin to improve skin dullness and accumulation of skin pigmentation.
How to use?
In the morning, apply it after toner (for oily or combination skin) or after moisturiser (dry or normal to dry skin). It can be used as makeup base to re-hydrate, protect, soften and brighten skin complexion.
If you use it on face, a tiny amount (size of pearl) is good enough as it is easy to glide on the skin.
How do I feel?
I like the milky texture of this sunscreen which is easy to spread out and sinks into the skin quickly. It creates a hydrated barrier for dewy and healthy complexion (scroll down for before and after look).
However, I don't see obvious whitening effect but it rehydrates my skin so well without leaving a greasy, sticky or white layer on it. It also protects my skin from harmful UVA/UVB. I won’t forget to use it as I spend at least an hour a day under the sun to take care of my garden but so far, I don’t have sun spots and my skin complexion is still fair to healthy. Not darker or whiter compared to Winter time.
Below picture from left to right: before application; runny and milky texture of Kose Sekkisei White UV Gel; a hydrated barrier is created after application.
I also find that Kose Sekkisei White UV Gel provides better hydration and retains moisture in my skin. Since I have normal to oily skin so I use it after toner in the morning. It allows my skin to breath under makeup and face mask (needs to wear it daily for 8hrs straight which can burden my skin for clog pores and even acnes). My skin now feels less dehydrated at the end of the day and the texture isn’t too thick but it helps to keep my skin soft with healthy glow.
*Ceramides are specialized lipids which can be found in the outer skin layer. They prevent skin dryness and loss of hydration to maintain healthy glow and complexion.
Checkout other beauty product reviews:
- Collagen vs. Collagen Peptides: What are the Differences? Review and Compare The Best Selling Collagen Supplements
- $30 & Under! Best Eye Masks and Eye Cream for Fine Lines, Eye Puffiness & Dark Eye Circles!
- Shiseido Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen Skincare Milk SPF50 PA++++ Review
- Kose Sekkisei Clear Whitening Mask Review: Say Goodbye to Blackheads and Rough Skin
- How to Read Production and Expiry Date of Our SK-II and Why Should We Use SK-II Facial Treatment Essence?
- Kose Sekkisei BB Cream Review
- Answer for Fine Lines and Saggy Skin Problems - SK-II SKINPOWER Cream Review
- Dariya Salon de Pro One Push The Cream Hair Color Review
- Top BB and CC Cream Review - What are the differences of Kose Sekkisei White BB and CC Cream?
- Kose Sekkisei White UV Gel SPF50+ Review
- Shiseido Elixir Lifting Moisture Lotion W II Review
- Kose Sekkisei Eye Cream Review
- Kao Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Gel SPF50 Review
- Shiseido Elixir Revitalizing Care Lifting Moisture Emulsion W II Review
- Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara Review (Waterproof Mascara)
- Kao Liese Prettia Hair Coloring Review
- Imju Dejavu Lash Knockout Mascara Review
Follow us on our social media:
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on IG
Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Tiktok
Follow us on YouTube