Kao Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Gel SPF50 Review
Kao Bioré UV Sunscreen comes in two formulations: Gel and Essence. I chose gel formula this time around. According to the Kao Bioré UV official website, Kao Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Gel SPF 50+ PA++++ has the World's First Micro Defense Formula that provides even coverage for skin, fine lines and uneven surfaces at a micro-level. Its' Unique Aqua Micro Capsule releases moisture upon application, leaving skin feeling light. It also contains Hyaluronic Acid, Royal Jelly Extract and Butylene Glycol for moisturizing. Light, watery texture that is easily absorbed and does not leave any sticky after feel. Suitable for face and body.
Let us look at the product ingredients. It contains Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Oxide, Hyaluronic Acid and Royal Jelly Extract as listed in below picture.
When it comes to an ingredient to protect the skin from sun damages, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate contained in Kao Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Gel SPF 50+ PA++++ catches my attention so I did a bit of research on it.
Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate is a clear liquid that is insoluble in water and this ingredient is used widely in sunscreens or makeup products. When Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate is applied to the skin, it will absorb, reflect or scatter UV rays. This serves to protect the skin from sunburn as well as other damaging effects of the sun.
Another ingredient that catches my eyes is Titanium Dioxide which is a naturally occurring mineral that is mined from the earth then further processed and purified for use in consumer products. It plays an important role in some sunscreens as a way to protect skin from the sun’s harmful ultraviolet radiation. Because of its’ whiteness, it is used to increase the opaqueness and reduce the transparency of product formulas.
Apart from the ingredients that protect your skin from UVA/UVB, this product also contains skin care ingredients such as Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Royal Jelly Extract and Glyceryl Stearate to moist and replenish skin hydration.
Hyaluronic Acid and Sodium Hyaluronate improve the appearance of dry or damaged skin by reducing flaking and restoring suppleness. Hyaluronic Acid is also used to thicken the aqueous (water) portion of cosmetics and personal care products.
Royal Jelly Extract is one of the most powerful nutrients for improving ageing and inflammatory skin conditions.
Glyceryl Stearate acts as a lubricant on the skin's surface, which gives the skin a soft and smooth appearance. It also protects your skin from losing water and natural hydrant by creating a barrier on the skin.
What do I think?
I have tried Kao Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Gel on my face and body. This product glide on my skin so well! It is smooth, hydrated but not sticky, and the texture is between milky emulsion and watery gel. It feels plump but not too rich. You can see my skin is instantly glowing but not shiny nor covering in a white layer.
This picture shows the skin tone before and after the application of the sunscreen in fluorescent light.
However, when I apply it to my face, I feel a bit too much for my combination skin. I have to wait a min or two till the sunscreen is absorbed and it becomes dewy like silky finish. I have no problem when I put my makeup on and you can simply layer your foundation on the skin if you go for a full makeup. This product stays on the skin so well and it won’t be pushed away to form white residues like some sunscreens do. You can see before and after pictures under natural light as shown below.
This sunscreen is sweat and waterproof and designed for face and body with SPF50 so I will use it daily and also for outdoor activities. I like the texture and the hydration result but if the product can be dried or absorbed a bit quicker, this sunscreen will be perfect!
If you are looking for a matte finish, or you have very oily skin, I will suggest Kao Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence or Shiseido Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen Skincare Milk which are great for protecting your skin from the damages of sun exposure as well. Here is the review of Shiseido Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen Skincare Milk.
Checkout other beauty product reviews:
- Collagen vs. Collagen Peptides: What are the Differences? Review and Compare The Best Selling Collagen Supplements
- $30 & Under! Best Eye Masks and Eye Cream for Fine Lines, Eye Puffiness & Dark Eye Circles!
- Shiseido Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen Skincare Milk SPF50 PA++++ Review
- Kose Sekkisei Clear Whitening Mask Review: Say Goodbye to Blackheads and Rough Skin
- How to Read Production and Expiry Date of Our SK-II and Why Should We Use SK-II Facial Treatment Essence?
- Kose Sekkisei BB Cream Review
- Answer for Fine Lines and Saggy Skin Problems - SK-II SKINPOWER Cream Review
- Dariya Salon de Pro One Push The Cream Hair Color Review
- Top BB and CC Cream Review - What are the differences of Kose Sekkisei White BB and CC Cream?
- Kose Sekkisei White UV Gel SPF50+ Review
- Shiseido Elixir Lifting Moisture Lotion W II Review
- Kose Sekkisei Eye Cream Review
- Kao Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Gel SPF50 Review
- Shiseido Elixir Revitalizing Care Lifting Moisture Emulsion W II Review
- Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara Review (Waterproof Mascara)
- Kao Liese Prettia Hair Coloring Review
- Imju Dejavu Lash Knockout Mascara Review
Follow us on our social media:
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on IG
Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Tiktok
Follow us on YouTube