How to Read the Production & Expiry Date of SK-II and Why Should We Use SK-II Facial Treatment Essence?
We hope you love our recommendations! We try some of our suggested products and we aim to show you accurate product information and honest reviews. Please note that we collect a share of sales from the links on this page.
Remarks: I will try my best to answer all questions related to the expiry date of SK-II. However, please read Point 1 in the article below as you can easily find the answer on your own 😉
Another common question is, is it safe to use expired SK-II? I believe it's not in your best interest to use expired skin care products on your face but if you don't want to waste any of it (I know it's expensive!), try to use it on your hands and feet. Having said that, I do not recommend it.
How to Read the Production and Expiry Date of our SK-II?
It’s not fun to scratch your head and worry about the number on the bottom of the bottle, especially when you shell out a fortune to buy an expensive product like SK-II.
You can have peace of mind if you purchase SK-II from us as we are going to explain to you the production date that you see on our SK-II (you can use what's app to text us for the detail of our SK-II items or contact us here)
1) Use the Batch Number to Check the Production Date of SK-II
We have received a lot of emails regarding the production date of SK-II. We can't reply to them one by one but as always, you can use the batch number (see the above picture) that is printed on the bottom of the product to find out the production date. Just simply enter the number to the below website and you will see the manufacturing and expiry date.
2) Use the Five-Digit Number on the SK-II Ingredient ListIf you purchase from us, you will find a five-digit number printed on the ingredient list. This is the production date shown in the format of the Taiwan calendar (Minguo calendar).
Let us take the below item as an example, you can see five digit number 10607 on the bottom of the ingredient list, which means the product is manufactured in 2017 (106+11) July (07).
Simply speaking, 106 refers to the year of Minguo 民國 and 07 refers to the month of production.
You don’t need to do math or study Minguo history to understand the meaning of this 5-digit number as you can find the relation of the Minguo calendar to the Gregorian calendar pretty easy on the internet. Here is the detail:
Please note that the shelf life of SK-II is 36 months. After opening, it is better to use it within 12 months.
Why Should I Use SK-II Facial Treatment Essence?
This product is one of the best-selling skin care products in Japan over decades and has become a cult favorite among skincare enthusiasts worldwide.
I have been using it in conjunction with Shiseido Elixir Skin Care By Age Lifting Moisture Lotion II and also Sulwhasoo Essential Balancing Water EX. SK-II Facial Treatment Essence helps me to refine large pores and regulate my combination skin in Summer, while others provide hydrating benefits to my skin.
So What is SK-II Facial Treatment Essence?
SK-II Facial Treatment Essence is a clear, lightweight liquid that is enriched with a unique blend of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. This powerful combination of ingredients works together to enhance the skin's natural rejuvenation process, resulting in a brighter, more youthful complexion. The essence is formulated with Pitera™, a patented ingredient that is exclusive to SK-II.
What is Pitera?Pitera™ is a natural bio-ingredient that is derived from yeast fermentation. Some people may complain about the "weird" smell of the essence but for me, it is totally fine.
I do understand the concern though - not everyone is a big fan of "fermentation"! 😅 However, this process makes the essence becomes a "miracle" and in fact, this product is called "Miracle Water" in Asia.
Thanks for the Pitera™, SK-II Facial Treatment Essence contains over 50 micronutrients, including vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and organic acids. This unique blend of ingredients helps to boost the skin's natural renewal process, resulting in a clearer, more radiant complexion.
How Does SK-II Facial Treatment Essence Work?SK-II Facial Treatment Essence is designed to be used after cleansing and toning the skin. Simply pour a small amount of the essence into the palm of your hand and apply it to your face, gently patting it into the skin. The essence is quickly absorbed into the skin, leaving it feeling soft, smooth, and refreshed.
Want to know more?
Read related articles:
Check out other beauty product reviews:
- Collagen vs. Collagen Peptides: What are the Differences? Review and Compare The Best Selling Collagen Supplements
- $30 & Under! Best Eye Masks and Eye Cream for Fine Lines, Eye Puffiness & Dark Eye Circles!
- Shiseido Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen Skincare Milk SPF50 PA++++ Review
- Kose Sekkisei Clear Whitening Mask Review: Say Goodbye to Blackheads and Rough Skin
- How to Read the Production and Expiry Date of Our SK-II and Why Should We Use SK-II Facial Treatment Essence?
- Kose Sekkisei BB Cream Review
- Answer for Fine Lines and Saggy Skin Problems - SK-II SKINPOWER Cream Review
- Dariya Salon de Pro One Push The Cream Hair Color Review
- Top BB and CC Cream Review - What are the differences between Kose Sekkisei White BB and CC Cream?
- Kose Sekkisei White UV Gel SPF50+ Review
- Shiseido Elixir Lifting Moisture Lotion W II Review
- Kose Sekkisei Eye Cream Review
- Kao Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Gel SPF50 Review
- Shiseido Elixir Revitalizing Care Lifting Moisture Emulsion W II Review
- Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara Review (Waterproof Mascara)
- Kao Liese Prettia Hair Coloring Review
- Imju Dejavu Lash Knockout Mascara Review
Follow us on our social media:
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on IG
Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Tiktok
Follow us on YouTube