How to find my skin type?
There is an easy way to find your skin type.
1) Wash your face and pat it dry;
2) Take a few pieces of rice paper or lens-cleaning tissue paper and press on different spots on your face;
3) If your skin is oily, the paper will stick, pick up oily spots and become translucent;
4) If the paper doesn't stick or pick up any oily spots, your skin is dry;
5) If it sticks in your t-zone (forehead, nose and chin) then you have combination or normal skin.
Skin Type: Sensitive
Do I have sensitive skin?
- If your skin gets sunburns and windburns easily;
- If you have dry, delicate skin and prone to allergic reactions. Then you should consider yourself having sensitive skin.
Causes of sensitive skin
- Genetic is a common factor for sensitive skin. When you are especially easy to get sunburn due to sun exposure, then it is in your genes;
- Environmental factors such as sun exposure, wind, cold, or low humidity, heating system can causes the irritation of the skin;
- Changing skin care products or medications can trigger allergic reaction. The known triggers such as food, stress, medication, or skin care products that vary by person, should be monitored and avoided.
How to take care of sensitive skin?
- Wash your face with mild cleansers formulated for sensitive skin. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry with soft towel after washing your face;
- Avoid hot showers and long soaks in the tub. “Lukewarm” water is best for your skin;
- Choose skin products that do not contain potential allergens such as fragrance or alcohol, which might cause the skin irritation;
- Read the label when choosing a product. The more ingredients the product contains, the more chance of getting irritation;
- When using a new cosmetic product or perfume, apply it on the inside of your wrist to test the reaction of your skin to it first;
- Limit to sun exposure, wind or extreme hot or cold when having outdoor activity, and always wear UVA/UVB protection to protect your skin from sun damage. This will prevent skin from suffering dryness or irritation;
- Balance nutrition food is essential to a healthy skin. Spicy foods, caffeine, and alcohol intake might lead to skin irritation.
Effective ingredient for sensitive skin
Look for ingredients such as Chamomile, Lavender, Neroli, Rose, Sandalwood, Feverfew, Aloe Vera, Licochalcone, Niacinamide, Dittany of Crete, and Phytotal. Avoid ingredients such as Mineral Oil, Lanolin, PABA, Artificial Fragrance, Phenol, Formaldehyde, Alcohol, and Urocanic Acid.
If you want to choose mild skin care products for sensitive skin, you may consider the following products:
- Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel – Sensitive and Smoothing Serum;
- Kose Supreme Sekkisei Series;
- Apivita Everyday Scrub;
- Sofina HADA-KA Series;
- Yu-Be Skin Care Cream;
- Komenuka Bijin Series