Does sensitivity occur to your skin?
If your skin gets sunburns and windburns easily, and is commonly dry, delicate and prone to allergic reactions, then you should consider yourself having sensitive skin.
How to take care of skin sensitivity?
- Wash your face with mild cleansers formulated for sensitive skin. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry with soft towel after washing your face;
- Avoid hot showers and long soaks in the tub. “Lukewarm” water is best for your skin;
- Choose skin products that do not contain potential allergens such as fragrance or alcohol, which might cause the skin irritation;
- Read the label when choosing a product. The more ingredients the product contains, the more chance of getting irritation;
- When using a new cosmetic product or perfume, apply it on the inside of your wrist to test the reaction of your skin to it first;
- Limit to sun exposure, wind or extreme hot or cold when having outdoor activity, and always wear UVA/UVB protection to protect your skin from sun damage. This will prevent skin from suffering dryness or irritation;
- Balance nutrition food is essential to a healthy skin. Spicy foods, caffeine, and alcohol may lead to skin irritation.
Effective ingredient for skin sensitivity
Look for ingredients such as Chamomile, Lavender, Neroli, Rose, Sandalwood, Feverfew, Aloe Vera, Licochalcone, Niacinamide, Dittany of Crete, and Phytotal. Avoid ingredients such as Mineral Oil, Lanolin, PABA, Artificial Fragrance, Phenol, Formaldehyde, Alcohol, and Urocanic Acid.
If you want to choose mild skin care products for sensitivity skin concern, you may consider the following products:
- Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel – Sensitive;
- Shiseido Anessa Babycare Sunscreen;
- Juice Beauty Smoothing Serum;
- Apivita Everyday Scrub;
- Kose Supreme Sekkisei;
- Sofina HADA-KA Series