Dryness & Dehydrated Skin
What is dryness? What is dehydrated Skin?
If you have oily or combination skin but you still feel tight and dry after cleansing, you may suffer from dehydrated skin problem. Apply hydrating toner and moisturizer to your skin to improve the problem and prevent dryness.
How to take care of skin dryness?
- Drink eight or more glasses of water everyday to keep you well hydrated. Fruits and vegetables are also the basic elements for your healthy skin. Several studies show that omega 3 fatty acids in fish oils can help reduce inflammation and scaly skin;
- Add humidity in your home or workplace can make a difference in the feel of your skin. Too much heat or air-conditioning can also dry up your skin;
- Limit to sun exposure, wind or extreme cold when having outdoor activity;
- Avoid hot showers and long soaks in the tub. “Lukewarm” water is best for your skin. - Wash your face no more than twice a day with mild cleanser formulated for dry skin. - Apply effective products day and night. Apply moisturizer with SPF 15 or greater in the daytime to protect your skin from sun damage;
Effective ingredients for dryness
Look for ingredients such as Coenzyme Q10, Vitamin E, Peptide, Shea Butter, Glycerin, Lanolin, Hydroxy Acids, Petrolatum, Urea and Lactic Acids (Binders), Silicone Derivatives (Barriers), Chamomile, Aloe and Cornmea. Avoid ingredients such as Acetone, Alcohol, Benzoyl Peroxide, Camphor, Citrus Juices, Eucalyptus, Menthol, Mints, and Salicylic Acid.
If you want to choose mild skin care products for improving dryness, you may consider following products:
- Kose Medicated Sekkisei Series;
- SK-II Facial Treatment Essence and Signs Treatment Totality;
- Kose Moisture Skin Repair Lotion;
- Juice Beauty Green Apple SPF15 Moisturizer, Juice Beauty Oily Free Moisturizer;
- Sofina HADA-KA Series